From 17 Jun 2018 to 16 Jul 2018
02 Jul 2018
- 18:42 Feature #1198: Non-standard DegRevLex (NonStdDegRevLex, WDegRevLex)
- Here are some thoughts about the design/impl.
If the GradingDim is 1 then we have a vector of positive "weights": ...
28 Jun 2018
- 11:36 Bug #1199: GCD bug with high degree arg
- After discovering the _magic prime_ it became clear that the problem is in the computation of the syzygies (the polyn...
- 11:00 Bug #1199 (In Progress): GCD bug with high degree arg
- I wrote a program to try all primes in increasing order. None up to about 12000. Then restarted from 30000, and fou...
- 10:54 Bug #1199 (In Progress): GCD bug with high degree arg
27 Jun 2018
- 15:17 Feature #1198: Non-standard DegRevLex (NonStdDegRevLex, WDegRevLex)
- In particular we should have a dedicated @OrdvArith@ implementation for it.
This should make @exponents@ faster, a...
- 15:08 Feature #1198 (New): Non-standard DegRevLex (NonStdDegRevLex, WDegRevLex)
- There is a family of cases where a "DegRevLex" ordering with "non-standard" weights is useful.
This can be implement...
26 Jun 2018
- 15:25 Feature #82: C++11 compatibility questions
- I read somewhere on the internet that it is probably better to jump straight to C++14 rather than to C++11; the argum...
- 14:40 Feature #1197 (New): IsZeroDet: new fn
- Implement @IsZeroDet@ which should allow a fast modular impl.
- 14:38 Slug #691: Matrix determinant over ZZ
- CoCoALib currently uses DetByCRT rather than the "clever" algorithms used in CoCoA-4.7. This issue should be about p...
- 14:32 Slug #1110 (Feedback): Determinant of matrix over QQ (whose entries are actually integers)
- Done as part of work on Habilitationsschrift.
Now both dets take about 1.8s
- 11:51 Design #1124: Move examples directory into doc
- One problem is that the @Makefile@ in the @examples/@ directory states explicitly that all executables depend on @CoC...
- 11:31 Support #1196 (New): Split MatrixOps
- Consider splitting the file @MatrixOps.C@ into subfiles with the same prefix. Currently it is over 2000 lines long.
- 11:29 Slug #1187: Matrix rank is slow (over QQ)
- Rank is slower than det even for matrices over a small finite field.
For example a random 500x500 matrix: det takes ...
25 Jun 2018
- 00:43 Support #1195 (New): Release: CoCoALib-0.99580 (together with CoCoA-5.2.4)
- 00:39 Design #1177: File names: use "SparsePolyOps" prefix for pertinent files
- I think the content of @SparsePolyOps.C@ (the original ;-) should be now moved into @SparsePolyOps-RingElem.C@ becaus...
- 00:31 Feature #1178 (Feedback): New function: myPrimaryDecomposition_0dim
- Done a long time ago, in april 2018
- 00:28 Slug #1009 (Feedback): coefficients for MinPoly e Frobenius
- Done a long time ago, april 2018
- 00:27 Feature #901 (Feedback): New function: PrimaryDecomposition0 in CoCoALib
- Done a long time ago, in april 2018 (for implementing factor on algebraic extensions).
- 15:28 Feature #4 (In Progress): Squarefree GCD-free basis
- Is this not subsumed by issue #259?
The only remaining question is the "squarefree" part. We could just make the ...
- 15:25 Feature #259: Squarefree(?) GCD-free basis
- I have checked in the code. There is doc, but no tests.
I am not happy with the class names: *@GCDFreeBasis_BigIn...
- 15:06 Design #1159 (Closed): Add global enum "verify/DontVerify"
- This issue has been subsumed by #1167. Closing!
- 14:37 Design #1182 (Feedback): "mod" for BigInt
- Anna has not complained, so moving to *@Feedback@*.
- 14:10 Feature #1154 (Feedback): SmallFpImpl: new ctor arg to say do-not-check-that-arg-is-prime
- I think that @SmallPrime@ solves this matter reasonably well. It does require making 2 ctors (copy-and-paste), but t...
21 Jun 2018
- 22:39 Feature #259 (Resolved): Squarefree(?) GCD-free basis
- I have impls of GCDFreeBasis for RingElem and for BigInt.
Not yet checked in/ Not tests; one simple example.
- 15:39 Support #1193: Naming convention mistakes
- In *@BigIntOps@* there are @quorem@ and @divexact@ (names "inherited" from GMP); but there is also @QuoRem@ in anothe...
- 15:38 Support #1193 (New): Naming convention mistakes
- I have noticed some functions whose names do not follow the naming conventions: _e.g._ *@quorem@* and *@divexact@*
19 Jun 2018
Also available in: Atom