From 27 Jan 2018 to 25 Feb 2018
22 Feb 2018
- 17:36 Support #1161: Split NumTheory.C into several smaller files
- Some suggestions for the subfiles:
primes, RatReconstruct, CRT
Note that there is no need to split the docume...
- 17:35 Support #1161 (New): Split NumTheory.C into several smaller files
- The file *@NumTheory.C@* has become rather large. Consider splitting it into several smaller files.
- 17:33 Support #1160 (New): Clean up revised RatReconstructByContFrac code
- The @RatReconstructByContFrac@ code has been revised (made better?), but there is lots of commented out cruft.
- 16:55 Design #1159: Add global enum "verify/DontVerify"
- John says it might be better to have a "reliability flag", which takes "0" as "certain".
I am thinking of the functi...
- 16:32 Design #1159 (New): Add global enum "verify/DontVerify"
- should we have a global enum for "verify/DontVerify"?
this could be a pervasive feature in cocoalib.
- 16:27 Feature #1158 (New): New function: MinPolyQuotHeuristic
- In our applications a wron Minimal polinomial can be detected (we proved that if wrong, the degree is too low).
12 Feb 2018
- 12:37 Design #1156: Printing for RingElem
- Part of the motivation is that it seems to be tricky to resolve issue #930 about printing out TwinFloat values as pol...
- 12:30 Design #1156 (New): Printing for RingElem
- JAA would like to reconsider the design of printing for @RingElem@ because the current design is rather inelegant.
11 Feb 2018
- 21:10 Feature #1154: SmallFpImpl: new ctor arg to say do-not-check-that-arg-is-prime
- Another posibility is for a "prime source" to produce values of a new type @SmallPrime@ (which is really just a @long...
- 20:52 Feature #1154: SmallFpImpl: new ctor arg to say do-not-check-that-arg-is-prime
- Several CRT loops look a bot like this:...
- 20:49 Feature #1154 (New): SmallFpImpl: new ctor arg to say do-not-check-that-arg-is-prime
- I propose adding a new ctor for @SmallFpImpl@ where the caller can use a flag to guarantee that the arg is prime.
- 21:02 Feature #1155: Create a new "prime source" iterator
- Add a new class to CoCoALib for generating primes in succession -- for use inside CRT loops.
Currently a CRT loop ...
- 20:55 Feature #1155 (New): Create a new "prime source" iterator
- In CoCoA-4 the old factorizer code had an "iterator" for generating primes in succession.
Add such an object to Co...
01 Feb 2018
- 13:55 Feature #1115 (In Progress): New class: exterior algebra
- 13:48 Feature #1115: New class: exterior algebra
- JAA has made a first impl (mostly copying code from @RingWeyl@). Many fns are still NYI.
Anna, Michele and Elisa ...
Also available in: Atom