Add global enum "verify/DontVerify"
should we have a global enum for "verify/DontVerify"?
this could be a pervasive feature in cocoalib.
#1 Updated by Anna Maria Bigatti 5 months ago
- Target version set to CoCoALib-0.99999
John says it might be better to have a "reliability flag", which takes "0" as "certain".
I am thinking of the function
MinPolyModular, so with 0 it would verify the answer, otherwise it would apply the desired level of checking to the rational reconstruction of the coefficients.
#2 Updated by John Abbott 5 months ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
- a "boolean" interface is easy to understand (and simple to use)
- a more sophisticated interface would need to be well documented to be useful (e.g. NTL uses a boolean interface for probabilistic determinant)
- it would be nice to have a "universal scheme" for CoCoALib (e.g. a parameter to be used by all fns which offer an optional "fast heuristic" mode)
It may be possible to have a sophisticated interface which can also be used as if it were a boolean one: I am thinking about the method I used for specifying the
GMPAllocator when creating the
GlobalManager. The user can see it as just a flag, or can specify a parameter along with the flag.