Should "minimalize" be obsolescent?
minimalized --> done.
what about minimalized?
#5 Updated by John Abbott 5 months ago
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
minimalize to be made obsolescent; instead one should use
I := IdealOfMinGens(I) which is longer to write, but also clearer (in my opinion). Actually I presume the correct way to call
minimalize is with a reference parameter, like this
This does assume that
IdealOfMinGens will preserve as much information as possible when it creates the new ideal.
#6 Updated by Anna Maria Bigatti 5 months ago
- Project changed from CoCoALib to CoCoA-5
- Category changed from Tidying to CoCoA-4 function: obsolete
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- Assignee set to Anna Maria Bigatti
- Target version changed from CoCoALib-0.99570 to CoCoA-5.2.2
- % Done changed from 10 to 90
- Estimated time set to 5.01 h
Trying to "save" it and postponing it, I wasted time.
I realized that the CoCoALib function
myMinimalize is just a member function.
minimalize in CoCoA-5 (after removing
minimalized) was not as compatible with CoCoALib as I had imagined.
Moreover it was actually hard to do and intrisically inefficient, so I made it obsolescent.
John will be pleased ;-)