intersection (all lower case)
Intersection but not
Should we change the name?
#1 Updated by Anna Maria Bigatti over 4 years ago
- Category set to CoCoA-4 function to be added
- Target version set to CoCoA-5.1.0 Easter14
In CoCoALib we have
intersect, so we have the same name in CoCoA-5.
Intersection just for backward compatibility, so that's the reason why it is just in the capitalized version.
However I have no strong feeling about whether or not to have also
#5 Updated by Anna Maria Bigatti almost 4 years ago
- Assignee set to Anna Maria Bigatti
- Target version changed from CoCoA-5.1.1 Seoul14 to CoCoA-5.?.?
- % Done changed from 10 to 20
The clean solution would be to have
intersect doing what
Intersection used to do.
intersect for IDEAL is implemented (rightly so) in C++, but for
LIST (and also caring for the IDEAL case) is implemented in a package (a bit more tedious to do it in Interpreter/BuiltInFunctions).
So implement it in BuiltInFunctions for LIST and clean-up!
But not urgent...