factor in ZZ[x] gives errors
factorizing in ZZ[x] gives errors.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to John Abbott
- % Done changed from 0 to 10
The problem is content handling. See around line 282 in
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
- % Done changed from 10 to 90
- Estimated time set to 0.90 h
The old factorizer (in C) actually factorizes over ZZ, so the only fix needed was the handling of the content.
test-factor1.C so that its tests factorization over both QQ and ZZ; also the test example now has non-trivial coeffs, and non-trivial content.
A quick check suggests that factorization over ZZ is actually slower than factorization over QQ. This is counter-intuitive, but probably not worth fixing... it should be resolved if the factorizer is ever rewritten in C++.
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
Why didn't I give at least one failing example?
Anyway, it seems OK now... so closing.
Also available in: Atom