Emacs interface screenshots
(download it from
, about 43Mb)
Extract CoCoA into
the disk C:.
(check that it was extracted correctly: the directory "C:\cocoa-5.1"
should contain the directory "emacs" among other things)
Now follow these steps for linking Emacs to CoCoA:
ALL DONE!! info & screenshots
- click on Control Panel
- click on System and security (for some MSWindows versions)
- click on System and then on the tab Advanced
- click on Environment variables (it is the button at the
bottom of the window)
- click on new for "System variable" (or modify if
you have already done it for cocoa-5.0) and then set:
| variable || HOME|
| value || C:/cocoa-5.1/emacs|
- click on a few OK to close all the windows
In older windows versions sometimes there is an error if you
start CoCoA from a file "myfile
.cocoa5" is not on disk "C:"
Setting up Emacs for Emacs experts:
you might prefer to copy from cocoa-5.1/emacs/cocoa.emacs
into your .emacs
just the settings you desire.