Emacs interface screenshots
(download it from
emacs-23.2-bin-i386.zip, about 43Mb)
Extract CoCoA into
the disk C:.
(the directory C:\cocoa-5.2
should contain the directory emacs and other things)
Now follow these steps for linking Emacs to CoCoA:
ALL DONE!! info & screenshots
- click on Control Panel
- click on System and security (for some MSWindows versions)
- click on System and then on the tab Advanced
- click on Environment variables (it is the button at the
bottom of the window)
- click on new for System variable,
or just edit the variable HOME if
you had already defined it for a previous version
of cocoa-5.x) and then set:
| variable || HOME|
| value || C:/cocoa-5.2/emacs|
- click on a few OK to close all the windows
In older windows versions sometimes there is an error if you
start CoCoA from a file "myfile
.cocoa5" which is not on disk "C:"
Setting up Emacs for Emacs experts:
If you have already defined your own favourite Emacs options/colours/..
you might prefer to pick and copy from cocoa-5.2/emacs/cocoa.emacs
into your .emacs
only the settings you desire.